Milwaukee 2703-22 XC M18
Cordless Drill Review
Milwaukee is one of the leading manufacturers of drills, and their latest addition is proof of that. The 2703-22 XC M18 or M18 Fuel is the newest edition in Milwaukee’s great legacy of high-quality metal ratcheting drills. The ½” kit comes with everything you need to get the job done. Whether it is a personal situation at home or getting to work on the job site, the M18 Fuel has a long list of amazing and innovative features that will make it a competitive choice for the consumer’s next cordless drill.
Any proper tool box, whether you are a do-it-yourself home user or a professional contractor, requires a good cordless product. The Milwaukee 2703-22XC M18 is a viable option for such a crucial investment. With a vast array of cordless model options, it can be daunting to find the drill you want. Especially for users who are unfamiliar with what qualifies as a high-quality product, the search can seem very intimidating. This Milwaukee 2703-22 XC M18 cordless drill review aims to assist consumers in determining if the M18 Fuel is the right product for their needs.
- More Powerful XC Battery Pack: The M18 Fuel comes with two Redlithium XC5.0 batteries. These batteries have an extended charge capacity compared to previous XC extended life batteries. Professional users will especially be excited to know that the XC5.0 is designed for rugged outdoor work in mind. The structure of the battery aims to move water and moisture away from critical electrical components in the battery.
The batteries are also capable of dispersing heat better than other cordless product batteries – ensuring long lasting ability to work in hotter environments. Just as it can withstand the heat, these batteries are designed to resist freezing temperatures as well to let you operate the model in harsh winter conditions. For long time storage you're still better off keeping them in a warmer place though.
In addition to these features, Milwaukee batteries are exclusively equipped with REDLINK intelligence. This feature actively monitors the temperature of the battery and helps to prevent the battery from overheating when used in unusually high friction applications. The XC5.0 is also compatible with other Milwaukee brand cordless power tools.
- Improved Design: With a total weight, battery and all, of under 5 pounds, the 2703-22 XC M18 is perfect for carrying on a tool belt for long periods of time. From chuck to butt, the top portion of the model only measures 7.5 inches – making it the perfect product for applications in tight corners and small spaces. This machine's small size, in conjunction with the lighter weight of the POWERSTATE brushless motor, makes for an incredibly powerful drill in a tiny package.
- Multiple Speed and Torque Settings: The 2703-22 XC M18 has two main speed modes which can be controlled by a switch at the top of the model. The first speed setting produces 0-500 rotations per minute (RPM) and the second produces 0-2,000 RPMs. The product has two main operating modes – drill and fasten. The mode is for boring through hard surfaces such as concrete. The product mode can also be used for fast mixing applications such as drywall mud, paint, or concrete mixing.
The fasten mode is obviously for fastening jobs such as screws or bolts. The fasten method also automatically increases the product's strength and allows for up to 1,200-foot pounds of torque in fastening applications. This ensures the model can continue to fasten screws that have already been tightened in a hole or that need to be loosened in hard surfaces. The fastening mode also allows you to choose from 24 different torque settings – giving you the ability to find the perfect intensity for each job.
- Accessories: The M18 Fuel pack comes with everything you need for all drilling and fastening applications. The model, two XC5.0 batteries, a side leverage handle for mixing and heavy-duty drilling, a bit holder, belt clip, battery charging station, and high-quality hard shell carrying case is what you get when you buy this product.
- Drill Type: Cordless
- No Load Speed: Variable Speed/Two Speed (0-2,000 RPM)
- Chuck Size: ½” All Metal Chuck
- Chuck Type: Metal Ratcheting
- Clutch Settings: 24 settings
- Power Source: XC5.0 18V Battery
- Maximum Power: 360 UWO (unit watts out)
- Battery Capacity: 2.0 Amp Hours
What Can the Milwaukee 2703-22 XC M18 be Used for?
Milwaukee has made this model with everyone in mind. It is small and lightweight enough for homeowners to like this machine while being rugged and enduring enough to handle daily, long-term use by a professional. The model, however, does not have a hammer function and hammer drilling would require another tool. Though most products are usually corded for more intense long-term applications, so this model is not lacking in that regard.
So, Should You Buy It?
The M18 Fuel is an exceptional tool and homeowners and contractors alike will love making this their next cordless machine. The model's small size, POWERSTATE motor, and extended capacity batteries make this drill a must-have for those looking for a high-quality product on a budget.
If you are looking for a significant upgrade to one of the most important investments in your tool box, then the Milwaukee 2703-22 XC M18 cordless drill driver could be right for you. The build quality will certainly not disappoint.